The NAC is organized in three lines of research:
Line 1: Applied Behavior Analysis in Organizations.
The objective of this line is to produce knowledge and technology based on the Behavior Analysis in organizations. We perform functional analyses and program conditions to the development of behavioral processes that contribute for the production of the social function that organizations perform in society. Emphasis on the relations between strategy, structure, procedures and human performance in work, the connection between the use o resources and the production of externalities, and the management of institutions of science and technology. This line is coordinated by professor Hélder Lima Gusso. Projects in progress:
- Characterising the professional performance of psychologists in organizations in the South Brazil, in partnership with professor Maiana Nunes (UFSC), Gabriel Gomes de Luca (UFPR) and Manoela Ziebell (PUCRS);
- Characteristics of the work with Applied Behavior Analysis in Organizations, in partnership with professor Gabriel Gomes de Luca (UFPR);
- Characteristics of the mission declaring process in organizations;
- Variables involved in the professional performance with Behavioral Systems Analysis in Organizations;
- Multiple workshops, courses and lectures about the work with Behavior Analysis in Organizations.
- Qualification of organizational psychologists accordingly to the epistemological and ontological foundaments of Behavior Analysis.
Line 2: Behavior Analysis: Clinical Processes and Healthcare
The objective of this line is to characterize behavioral processes on the clinic and healthcare fields, particularly in behavioral-analytic therapy. We also examine the therapist professional behavior and the characteristics of the therapeutic relationship. This line is coordinated by professor Joselma Tavares Frutuoso. Projects in progress:
- Basic behaviors of the behavior analytic therapist;
- Analysis of a psychology school-service, and its role in the formation of the psychologist.
- Qualification of behavior analytic therapists to work on therapeutic groups;
- Qualification of behavior analytic therapists;
Line 3: Programming Conditions to the Development of Behaviors
The objective of this line is to produce knowledge and technology related to the behavioral processes of teaching and learning in different academic levels and contexts. Our main focus is the teaching of scientific behaviors at college level, and the formation of advanced level professors at postgraduate level. Our work encompass studies about the efficacy of teaching trough digital technologies, based on behavior analytics teaching procedures. This line is coordinated by professor Helder Lima Gusso. Projects in progress:
- Comparison between the efficacy of expository lectures and lectures mediated by virtual learning environments at university level;
- Development of an online education system of scientific methodology for college students;
- Evaluating the efficacy of an online education system of scientific methodology for college students;
- Qualification of professionals for programming conditions to the development of behaviors.